Thursday, August 4, 2011

Review: Out Of Focus


Out Of Focus
Out Of Focus by L.A. Witt

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Yes, I did. I really liked it.
When it comes to threesomes, I often feel as if the guys take it really easy. But here, it takes the three heroes real effort to come to terms with their emotions getting into the way of what was supposed to be a nice and casual erotic pastime. I love books where people communicate, and those guys do, even if it isn't always easy on them. As opposed to other books of this author I've read, the inner workings of the characters didn't feel overdone - it helped that all three got to be narrators, so I as the reader was privy to all of their thoughts.
The sex scenes were hot as hell, although one or two felt expendable (then again, did I mention they were hot? I won't complain too hard). The book was fairly easy on the BDSM, too, which suited me.
Big plus: the animals. Cats, horses, dogs, and the heroes's interactions with them added, if not substantially to the plot, then a little lightness and comfort.
Nitpicky niggle: The wax play. Why not at least a paragraph break between three various 1st person POV's? This writing style may have been an experiment intended to make the scene more intense, but if it was, it unfortunately missed the mark. All it did was confusing me - 'course this could be only me.
Overall, this was a very enjoyable read and a skillfully done, scorching hot threesome. Recommended.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment