Friday, September 19, 2014
Review: A Matter of When
A Matter of When by Eden Winters
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
A book that combined two of my biggest passions - a beautiful story and music. What's not to love? Especially if it's flavored with more of my heart's delights:
- strong female AND male supporting characters
- villains who appear scarily mundane on the outside,but are just as scarily evil on second look
- a love story where love is NOT the magic wand that solves every problem
- beautiful character grow not only for the main characters, but for some minor characters as well
- chocolate (!)
- and not to forget lyrics I'd REALLY love to hear sung...
Many books have some kind of fairy godmother or -father who brings the lovers together. In this book, Music filled that role. Music - Seb and Henri's mutual passion for it, struggling with it, service to it - brought them together, gave those so different men a common language. Music wasn't only a background track to Seb and Henri's love story, but "what holds their world together in its inmost folds", an integral part to both their personalities and their romance.
This book, literally, sang. I loved listening to it.
View all my reviews